MAJESTIC BIRDS I SAW YESTERDAY
- Some kind of majestic sandpiper or something!
- Some kind of little black bird with pearlescent wingtips!
- A majestic mallard in flight!
- A fucking falcon, soaring above the river!
- The falcon again, later on!
- An ugly fucking turkey vulture, by the side of the road!
- Another turkey vulture, in flight! Majestic!
- A majestic-as-fuck red-tailed hawk, in flight!
“I wrote this post for Tumblr originally but then I was like fuck it.”
ALL THE BACKPACKS I EVER HAD
- Little tiny REI little kid backpack, light grey
- ’80s backpack: grey and dark grey with slightly diagonal red outer zippered pockets and lots of pencil holders inside
- Black JanSport backpack, or maybe grey
- Dark green Eddie Bauer backpack with lots of pockets and flaps, eventually became not punk enough so I put a Citizen Fish patch on it
- Crummy backpacking backpack from Price Club, too big for school but I used it anyway because I was weird
- My dad’s hella old North Face backpack, dark green, got ripped apart during a fight in 8th grade :(
- A brand-new North Face backpack, bright red, wasn’t punk enough so I didn’t use it for very long
- My friend Brendan’s kid brother’s old backpack, black and plain, said “Loopid” in marker on the light grey bit on the bottom, so I blacked it out with more marker
- Really good backpacking backpack from REI for my first trip to Europe
- The best backpack I ever had, a small vintage North Face backpack, in gold, gave it to a girl I liked when she went off to grad school, because she’d always admired it (and it worked - she eventually had sex with me)
- Dolores Chiller by Timbuk2, traveled me all over the USA*
- D-Lux Laptop Messenger Racing Stripe by Timbuk2, traveled me to Berlin*
- Small roll-top messenger by Mission Workshop, bright red, traveled me to Michigan and back a bunch of times*
- Extra-large custom backpack by Timbuk2, in shiny vinyl red, white and blue, travels me to the laundromat and back every few weeks*
I know not all of these are backpacks per se, but I’m using Vic’s piece as precedent. (I saw the “history of backpacks” tag and really wanted to partake.)
*Bags I got for free because of blogging, nbd
ALL THE GUEST DRUMMERS I SAW GUEST DRUM FOR THEE OH SEES LAST WEEK
Top to bottom: Nick the drummer from White Fence, some friend of theirs whose birthday it was, Carson Daly, John Dwyer, DJ Purple.